200-Hour Prana Yoga Teacher Training
with Gerhard Gessner, E-RYT
Now accepting applications for September 2015!
Our extensive Teacher Training Program includes YOGA ALLIANCE certified foundational 200-hour, advanced 300-hour training for the 500hr RYT Certification, and specialty certifications taught by leading senior instructors from San Diego and L.A.
Foundational 200-Hour Trainings are offered as 3-Months Immersions (weekends) and Summer Intensive (17 consecutive days).
- Yoga Alliance certified program
- Comprehensive curriculum presented by leading specialists in their field
- Visiting master guest teachers
- Limited class size
- Renowned program with over 150 Prana Yoga TT alumni teaching in reputable studios throughout San Diego, Southern California and abroad
- Opportunity to teach donation-based classes at Prana after training
Continuing Education Courses:
- Restorative & Yin Yoga with Debora Wayne, E-RYT
- Happy Back Yoga Certifcation with Rachel Krentzman, PT, E-RYT
- Pre- & Postnatal Yoga with Vicki Abrams & Hari Das Kaur
- Cancer Yoga Therapy with Ingrid Yang, E-RYT
Prana Yoga Center is proud to be a member of the YogaWorks Affiliate Network offering their world-class teacher training for the 500-hour certifcation in La Jolla/San Diego.
200-HOUR PRANA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
The foundational 200 Hr Teacher Training is one of San Diego's longest standing teacher training programs known for its excellence and ideal for aspiring teachers and serious students wishing to deepen their practice. Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the life-changing benefits of Yoga - it's elements of physical practice skillfully woven together with meditation, breath work, and self exploration. Youl'll learn how the ancient practice has evolved over the years while discovering its everyday wisdom and guidelies for conscious, empowered living. You will emerge with the confidence and tools to begin to teach what you love!
Led by Gerhard Gessner, E-RYT 500, and highly trained guest teachers including Robert Birnberg, Manoj Chalam, Lori Stewart, Debora Wayne, Sara Deakin, Vicki Abrams, and Hari Das Kaur, areas of study include:
- intensive, alignment-based Yoga asana study
- Yoga specific anatomy and physiology
- principles of Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow & intelligent sequencing
- principles of pranayama
- the Yoga Sutras and Yoga philosophy
- introduction to meditation
- the art of teaching Yoga, hands-on adjustments
- the business of Yoga
- teaching private Yoga sessions
- introduction to speciality Yoga (Yoga Wall, Prenatal, Restorative/Yin Yoga, Yoga Therapy)
Students will receive a diploma which they can use to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 level and share with prospective employers. Completion of this program will also qualify students for admission into our YogaWorks' 500-Hour Professional Program and other continuing education intensives.
"The 200 Hour Teacher Training at Prana Yoga was well worth every minute of my time. Gerhard is an extremely knowledgeable and gifted teacher, and the trainers he brought in during the training are all experts at what they do. I feel as though the Prana teacher training strives to make yoga accessible to everyone - it is not exclusive to elite practitioners. Gerhard is clearly passionate and well versed in what he does, and he knows how to translate that passion into concise, relevant and inclusive instruction to equip others in spreading the good works of yoga." Kimberly Blough, PYTT graduate November 2014
January - April 2016
8 weekends (every other weekend):
- Fridays 7pm-10pm
- Saturdays & Sundays: 11:45am-4:45pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10am-4pm
- Wednesday & Friday: 7pm-10pm
September 18 - November 15, 2015
8 consecutive weekends (no session Oct. 16-18)
* note location: Chula Vista Yoga Center
- Friday, 7pm-10pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 1pm-6pm
Free Info Session: August 18, following 7pm class
Join us for a free class followed by the info session, meet teachers, graduates & have all your questions answered. RSVP & receive a guest pass to the 10am class!
$2300 early registration discount by August 20, 2015
$2500 early registration discount by September 5, 2015
$2700 full tuition
$2280 discount for full-time students, seniors, military & school teachers
Yoga membership, manual & certificate of completion included
Non-refundable deposit of $500 is due with application. Early discount rate must be paid in full by discount deadline. Payment plans are available upon request.
View or download an Application Form
Submit your application
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail to Prana Yoga Center, Attn: Teacher Training 2012, 1041 Silverado Street, La Jolla, CA 92037, or
- drop off in person at Prana.
You will be notified within 10 days regarding your acceptance in the training. We look forward to welcoming you in our new group and join us in this life-changing journey!
If you have any questions or concerns, contact a program advisor or call us at 858.456.2806.
Restorative Healing Yoga Teacher Training Intensive with Debora Wayne, E-RYT